IntelliJ IDEA 7 work with many popular application server such as JBoss, Glassfish, Weblogic. Tomcat. It built-in plugins, ready to use after fresh installation of IntelliJ IDEA.
This article will show how to configure IntelliJ with JBoss Application Server. Major steps in this article will also work with other application server. First we need to configure web browser that we will use.
1. Press configure button
2. Select General button
3. Set the path of web browser, then press OK button.
1. Create New Project
2. Create Project from scratch, Select Next
3. Set project name and path, select Java Module, select Next
4. Select Next
5. Select Web Application Checkbox, select Finish
6. Project structure will look like this
7. To begin configure application server press arrow button, then select ‘Edit Configuration’
8. Select ‘JBoss Server’, select Local
9. Set the name of application server, press configure to set application server path.
10. Select default for server instance, then press ‘Fix’ button
11. Press ‘Add Application Server specific descriptor’ button, select appropriate descriptor, press OK. Then select ‘Java EE Build Settings’ tab
12. Checks like shown in picture below. Then press OK
13. Select ‘Deployment’ tab, select Web Facets. Web Facets is web application that we want to run. Select WAR files from ‘Deployment Source’
14. Go to ‘Server’ tab, startup page will look like shown below. Then press OK
15. Press Run button to start application server and launch web application
16. The result 🙂
IntelliJ IDEA is really intelligence IDE. Better than Eclipse and Netbeans. You will be amazing with it plugins like Hibernate and Spring.